So, I just kinda want to introduce myself here in this first post and let you get somewhat acquainted with my personality and a little bit of my background.
Clearly, I'm single. At this stage of the game, I'm single by choice. I've had three major loves in my life (some will be offended by that, sorry, but you're probably married by now so you win anyway)! The first was when I was 20. He was beautiful by my standards...at the time. Big ol' mountain man with dreads. It didn't work out. The second was when I was 29. I thought he was the coolest thing to ever walk the face of the Earth. It didn't work out. The third and final installment, thus far, was when I was 33. He was a lawyer from down south...a lot of fun and knew how to handle my personality. You'll see throughout the various stories that most could not. Guess what? It didn't work out.
In between, there have been countless and nameless (sorry Mom) men to come my way. All of them interesting in their own right. For some of those men, I left them with a broken heart; others tore mine out. So I'm gonna go ahead and just call it even.
Since the last relationship ended, I decided to take some time and think about things. I didn't need to take too long because, well, you'll find out eventually. Tick tock, tick tock; I'm back on the dating sites. Why am I on the dating sites? Because nothing happens organically anymore. Despite what "coupled up" people may think, you won't meet your future mate in the produce section. While smelling a melon for ripeness, he'll make a funny joke about your big melons or maybe even a witty unimelon joke and then you'll laugh and decide to grab a coffee at Starbucks together and live happily ever after. And you won't meet him in the laundromat either. You won't accidentally take each other's clothes out of the wrong dryer and as you grab his boxers from your pile, he'll pick up your very sexy thong and you'll both giggle and see previous Starbucks ending. Because let's face it ladies it would, in all likelihood, have been the granny panties you keep around for everybody's favorite three to five days out of the month. You know the ones I'm talking about...with the stretched elastic and ripped seams. And it certainly won't be your cousin's husband's friend who, after having been passed out after a night of drinking, wakes you up by asking if you "can feel that".
So, after telling my latest story of intrigue, my very good friend convinced me to do this. Now, here I am and here you are.
Won't you come along with me on my adventures?
The funny and not so funny things that have happened throughout my dating life or as I like to call them, my HASLs.
35 and still single
I've been on the dating scene since I was about 4 or 5. My first kiss was with my imaginary friend Tommy. He was a scientist.
Since then I've been attracted to, gone home with, dated, and lived with some interesting guys. I'm an avid member of the two dating sites you can think of...the ones with the most commercials on the teevee. So, there are plenty of creepers thrown in there for good measure too.
These are my stories. Enjoy!
Since then I've been attracted to, gone home with, dated, and lived with some interesting guys. I'm an avid member of the two dating sites you can think of...the ones with the most commercials on the teevee. So, there are plenty of creepers thrown in there for good measure too.
These are my stories. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment