35 and still single

I've been on the dating scene since I was about 4 or 5. My first kiss was with my imaginary friend Tommy. He was a scientist.

Since then I've been attracted to, gone home with, dated, and lived with some interesting guys. I'm an avid member of the two dating sites you can think of...the ones with the most commercials on the teevee. So, there are plenty of creepers thrown in there for good measure too.

These are my stories. Enjoy!

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Someone's wearing his big boy pants

If you recall from my last entry, I had not one but two bad dates recently.

Apparently date #2, let's call him Dickbag for my entertainment, thought things went very well and sent me a follow-up text a few days after our very pleasant and completely un-awkward meet and greet. At the end of which I thought we were joking around about going on another date; he even said he had our wedding planned. Note to all you men out there: Don't ever make that joke. Even if things are going well. And we get the bad rap for being crazy psychos??

His text only said, "Hey.What are you up to." Now, we all know that means I'm interested in seeing you again or at least keeping the lines of communication open so that I can eventually see you again, right? Right. Well, unfortunately for Dickbag, I was definitely not interested in ever seeing or hearing from him again. So I sent a nicely worded text for which I received approval from three male friends.

"Hi Dickbag. Thanks for
meeting me the other
night but I don't think I'm
interested in going out a
second time. Best of luck
to you in school and in
your search!"

Approximately two and a half hours later I received a very well thought out, very heartfelt response.
Wanna hear it? Here it goes!

"Hi Autumn. Thanks for
meeting me as well. just a
bit of advice...don't tell
somebody you are
interested in a second
date if you aren't. Also I do
think you are very pretty,
but don't think that your
personality is all that
because it isn't! Some
girls that are on match are
not there mentally and you
are one of them. Don't
worry though I am erasing
your number after I send
this text. Good luck to you
too."

A of all: Yes, Dickbag, I am very pretty ;)
B of all: Who says "all that" anymore? Keenan and Kel from Good Burger called; they want their saying back
And C of all: I'm totally there mentally...okay, maybe not totally but I didn't respond to his inanely childish text message. That's gotta count for something, doesn't it?

1 comment: